[ITK-users] Problem with itk::ImageToHistogramFilter

maximilian maximilian_oliver.mordig at roche.com
Wed Aug 27 08:29:12 EDT 2014

I am having problems with the itk::ImageToHistogramFilter.

I am generating ellipses that I want to add to an image that already
contains some ellipses (in each iteration step, I add one ellipse to an
image being the result of previous iterations). To see if the new ellipse
overlaps by more than (let's say) 10%, I use the ImageToHistogramFilter.
The previous image has objects that all have pixel values of 1. The newly
added ellipse has value of 2. So, to get the number of overlapping pixels, I
add up both images and I count the number of pixels = 3 in that image.

I set the histogram bin minimum to 0 (background) and the histogram bin
maximum to 3 (+ some constant c) and the number of bins such that the step
is = 1 (here, it is 3 + c). However, when I output the average frequencies
associated to each bin, I get values between 0 and 2 (number like 1.92) and
not between 0 and 3 + c (see output of program of attached file). Why?

GenerateCells.cxx
<http://itk-insight-users.2283740.n2.nabble.com/file/n7586128/GenerateCells.cxx>