[Insight-users] [ITK Community] can't build bridge

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Wed Feb 5 00:30:50 EST 2014

Hi Chengija,

Welcome to ITK!

There are many opportunities to improve the ITK python wrapping,
including a number of warnings.

Make sure to use the latest version of ITK for the best DCMTK support.
 Try turning OFF USE_SYSTEM_DCMTK if trouble persists.

Wrapping is not yet available for the OpenCV bridge yet.  It could be
added [1] (see the "wrapping" directory of other modules).  The
quickest route, though, is to use SimpleITK (easy_install SimpleITK),
then use SimpleITK.GetArrayFromImage() to get the NumPy array, then
import the NumPy array into OpenCV.

Thanks,
Matt

[1]   http://insightsoftwareconsortium.github.io/ITKBarCamp-doc/CommunitySoftwareProcess/SubmitAPatchToGerrit/index.html