[Insight-users] [ITK Community] ITK Wrapping commands

Sami Koho sami.koho at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 06:57:25 EST 2014

Hello again,

the Transform Read/Write works in Python now with the small additions to
the wrapping code. I have a question regarding the transform reading. In
the C++ example the transform is set-up as follows:

typedef itk::TransformFileReader::TransformListType * TransformListType;

TransformListType transforms = reader->GetTransformList();

*itk::TransformFileReader::TransformListType::const_iterator it     =
transforms->begin();*
if(!strcmp((*it)->GetNameOfClass(),"AffineTransform"))
{
    AffineTransformType::Pointer affine_read
      = *static_cast<AffineTransformType*>((*it).GetPointer());*
    affine_read->Print(std::cout);
}

In Python I am able to read the file and I can get the transform list as
well, but I don't know how to make a transform out of that. It seems to
involve accessing the (std::list) TransformList and doing a
static_cast<....>. Is there a way for doing this?

The file format is quite simple, so I can of course parse it quickly in
Python, but using the existing function would be nice...

Best,

Sami