[Insight-users] morphology operations on labeled image

Kanishka kanishkasharma10 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 04:00:05 EST 2014

thanks Bradley for sharing the python solution using simple ITK. As I see,
you have binary image in your case, I am working with grayscale image and i
see in the description of the ITK filters, we can indeed use the morphology
operations on grayscale images too but to do the same for selective label in
the grayscale image is difficult for me to achieve right now.

@Richard: I am indeed looking for a solution to selectively operate on the
labels. I looked into the Insight journal you shared (thanks again for
sharing), maybe I can try to work around it.

Maybe also, creating a label map and then extracting the particular label,
applying morphology operation on it and then merging it back with other
labels is what I should try next.

Kanishka