[Insight-users] morphology operations on labeled image

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 04:59:13 EST 2014

Hi,
I'm not quite sure how you mean to use a combination of label and grayscale
images. Perhaps you mean to apply a grayscale operation to a region defined
by a label? If this is the case then you need a combination of masking and
setting the masked out areas to either max or min of the grayscale value to
have the erosion/dilation ignore them. If the label regions don't touch
then you can apply the morphological operation to each one in one go. If
they do touch, and you want independent operations, then you'll probably
need to pull them out one at a time.