[Insight-users] [ITK Community] I want to make a registration between two 3D data , Is there some examples ?

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Sat Jan 4 22:30:13 EST 2014

Hi zhq,

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 7:52 PM, zhq <15891495523 at 126.com> wrote:
> Dear all :
>          I want to make a rigid registration between 3D data , is there some
> examples ?
>          I have read the codes included in the example/registration , but I
> have just got a VersorRigid3DTransform , and some affine transform algorithm
> . And I have some question ?
>          1. What does the 'Versor' means ? Just it represent a 3D algorithm
> ?

The versor is a unit quaternion.  The quaternion is a mathematical
system that can represent rotations that is better behaved for
optimization during registration.  For more information, see [1][2][3]

>  2. I want to make a 3D rigid registration , Can I use the affine algorithm
> ? If I use the affine algorithm , how can I get the final translation and
> ratotion ?

An affine could be used, but the versor is what should be used for 3D
rigid registration.

>          3. The size of the two data isn't the same , how can I deal with it
> ? And the spcing also isn't the same , how can I deal with it ?

Since ITK does all its calculations in physical space, there is
nothing special that has to be done here :-).

Hope this helps,
Matt

[1] http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsI.pdf
[2] http://www.itk.org/CourseWare/Training/QuaternionsII.pdf