[Insight-users] [ITK Community] registration using Mutual Information

Massinissa Bandou Massinissa.Bandou at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Jan 10 01:54:34 EST 2014

Hi  Luis Ibanez,
Sorry for late reply, I performed a landmark transform (ladmarks are
extracted with boxWidget) followed with a mutual information registration to
optimize the result. I multiplied the matrix obtained from the 3D mutual
information with one obtained from landmarks transform. As you can see,
visually, the result seems good but *how I can be sure that my registration
is good or not*? for example I had to perform a surface registration using
ICP algorithm and I use to display a graph of the mean distance according to
the number of iteration.

<http://itk-users.7.n7.nabble.com/file/n33163/PET_CT_Result.png>

I'd appreciate your help!

Massi