[ITK-users] [ITK] ITK Python Wrapping vs. SimpleITK

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Jul 1 12:14:00 EDT 2014

Hi Eric,

ITK no longer requires CableSwig for wrapping.  However, it currently
does not build on Visual Studio newer that 2008. This due to GCCXML
limitations.  We have investigated a GCCXML replacement, but it still
needs work.

SimpleITK is also a good option. It has no dependencies other than ITK.

Hope this helps,
Matt