[ITK-users] Connected Threshold Filter crashes but only for large images

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Jul 16 09:13:47 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have had great success running this algorithm on very large data sets. And consider the implementation very robust.

There could be something different about your pipeline, or something unique about your image, or how you compiled it.

First are you running 32 or 64-bits? Perhaps you are running out of memory?

Perhaps there is something odd about your pipeline. If you just do a ImageFileRead->Connected Threshold->ImageFileWrite does it still crash?

If you are familiar with Python, perhaps you could try running this filter with a binary download of SimpleITK? This would check to see if there is something intrinsically wrong with the algorithm?

Just some ideas to help narrow it down...
Brad