[ITK-users] Measure execution time of all filters in a mini-pipeline

Cyril Mory cyril.mory at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Fri Jun 6 10:38:43 EDT 2014

Hi ITK users,

I have large "mini-pipeline" filters (some use 20 or more subfilters,
some of which are minipipelines themselves) and I need to measure how
long each of the subfilters takes to execute.

Is there an easy way I can do that in ITK ?

In an old thread, several solutions were mentioned:
http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-developers/2005-December/007447.html
but the thread doesn't say which solution was adopted.

As far as I have understood at the moment, the solution would involve
the use of itk::TimeProbesCollectorBase, but I have found no example of
how to use it. If that is indeed the way to go, can someone direct me to
an example I could start from ?

Best regards,

Cyril Mory, Post-doc
CREATIS