[ITK-users] Measure execution time of all filters in a mini-pipeline

Hammond, Emily M emily-hammond at uiowa.edu
Fri Jun 6 12:07:24 EDT 2014

Hello,

Here is a basic example of how itk::TimeProbesCollectorBase works.

#include "itkTimeProbesCollectorBase.h"

// instantiate a time
itk::TimeProbesCollectorBase timer;

// start timer
timer.Start("NameOfProcess#1");
filterPipeline#1
filter->Update();
timer.Stop("NameOfProcess#1");

timer.Start("NameOfProcess#1");
filterPipeline#2
filter->Update();
timer.Stop("NameOfProcess#2");

// continue until all desired processes are timed

// print out summary report to the terminal
timer.Report( std::cout );

Looks something like this:

          Probe Tag    Starts    Stops             Time (s)
       Complete Code           1            1           80.5431
     Post-processing           1            1           65.6743
  Rigid Registration           1            1           8.35478

Enjoy!

Emily Hammond