[ITK-users] compressing MetaImages bigger than 4GB leads to data loss

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Thu Jun 26 05:08:30 EDT 2014

On 25/06/14 16:14, Bill Lorensen wrote:
>  From the zlib FAQ:
> http://www.zlib.net/zlib_faq.html#faq32

Hm, I'm not sufficiently into the ITK MHD-compression to understand if this
relates to the need of choosing ITK_USE_64BITS_IDS ON, i.e. making counters for
inflate() and deflate() be 64 bits long or would specific chunk handling have to
be implemented in ITK?
In short, can I resolve the problem by simply adjusting the ITK configuration
with cmake or would it need changes to the code of ITK?