[Insight-users] Generate gaussian noise image

Laurent Chauvin lchauvin at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 6 16:26:04 EST 2014

It actually works but you have to force the filter to only use 1 thread.

I think otherwise all threads got the same "random" values, which generate
same output for all threads.
My guess is the image is divided in 'lines' or 'column', each of them
managed by a separated thread. If all threads have same random values, then
the output will be patterned.

If it's possible to have different random values for each threads, then it
should be possible to run it with multiple threads.
I think one possibility would be to use a timestamp as seed for the
NormalVariateGenerator filter.
I tried with GetTimeStamp(), but this is the same timestamp for all threads.
I tried with GetNumberOfThreads(), but still the same number for all
threads.
I tried with GetMTime(), same.
I tried with 'this', but this is the same pointer too.

I'm not sure which variable could be different in each thread.

Thank you.
-Laurent