[ITK-users] ITK Python wrapping, CableSwig

Chiara Caborni chiara.caborni at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 07:22:04 EDT 2014

Hello all,

  I've been having some trouble building ITK with the python wrapper.
My network blocks access to git so I cannot do it the easier way for
installing all in one go.

My process has been:

1.     download the cableswig-ITK-4.0.0 source code from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/itk/files/itk/4.0/

2.     build in CMake without changing any settings

3.     compile cableswig solution in visual studios 2008 - all success

4.     download ITK-4.5.1 source code

5.     In CMake lots of setting were changed and I was unsure about:

6.     Select only BUILD_SHARED_LIBS, ITK_BUILD_ALL_MODULES, and ITK_WRAP_PYTHON

7.     'configure'

8.     Select ITK_USE_SYSTEM_SWIG, ITK_USE_SYSTEM_GCCXML

9.     set the path for the SWIG_EXECUTABLE and for the GCCXML
executable (C:/Toolkits/CableSwig/build/bin/cswig.exe and
C:/Toolkits/CableSwig/build/bin/gccxml.exe)

10.  selected additional types so they include: signed char, unsigned
char, signed short, unsigned short, float, double

11.  set PYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR to C:/Python27/include

12.  set PYTHON_LIBRARY to C:/Python27/libs/python27.lib

13.  set PYTHON_EXECUTABLE to C:/Python27/python.exe

14.  set PY_SITE_PACKAGES_PATH to C:/Python27/Lib/site-packages

15.  'configure' and 'generate'

16.  compile ITK solution in Visual studio 2008 - 300 success 74 fails

I get 74 errors all the same as the one below for different projects.
I would really appreciate it if any one could suggest how to fix this
so that it compiles without errors.  I'm a newb to most of this, so go
gentle on me with with your fixes!  Thanks in advance

Nicole
######

------ Build started: Project: ITKAnisotropicSmoothingPython,
Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Generating itkVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterPython.cpp,
../../../lib/itkVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterPython.py

swig error : Unrecognized option -O

swig error : Unrecognized option -features

swig error : Unrecognized option autodoc=1

Use 'swig -help' for available options.

Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from
"Generating itkVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterPython.cpp,
../../../lib/itkVectorGradientAnisotropicDiffusionImageFilterPython.py"

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\Toolkits\UsingVS2008\ITK-4.5.0\build\Wrapping\Modules\ITKAnisotropicSmoothing\ITKAnisotropicSmoothingPython.dir\Release\BuildLog.htm"

ITKAnisotropicSmoothingPython - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)