[ITK-users] itk::MultiThreader::SetGlobalDefaultNumberOfThreads(1)

Emma Ryan eryanvtk at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 26 13:40:02 EDT 2014

Hi ,

  How does one set this variable within the code ?

I use a bunch of itk filters to process some images. I have built ITK with default settings which I'm guessing includes multithreading.

I have not explicitly declared itk::MultiThreader class in my application.  but I know there is some multithreading going on and I would like to turn it off.  I read somewhere that I could use the command itk::MultiThreader::SetGlobalDefaultNumberOfThreads(1) to do so.

But using the above in my line in my code gives me redeclaration errors.

Using extern also didn't help.

Here's a snippet of what I tried...

Following code included in my_itk_var.h

ifndef _my_itk_var_h_
#define _my_itk_var_h_

extern itk::MultiThreader::SetGlobalDefaultNumberOfThreads(1)

#endif _my_itk_var_h_

the file my_itk_var.h is included in many other c++ .h files.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks,
Emma