[ITK-users] Cropping the label map of a bent trachea

Pietro Nardelli pie.nardelli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 09:40:42 EDT 2014

Hello guys,

I need your help! I have a binary image (result of a trachea segmentation)
and I need to halve this image. Therefore, I was thinking to convert the
image into a labelmap and then use some sort of cropping in order to do so.
Now, my problem is that the trachea is not straight, so I was wondering
what would be the best method I could use to crop its labelmap into 2
parts. To make myself more clear: let's suppose I extract the centerline of
a bent trachea, can I crop the trachea segmentation following the
centerline?

Many thanks in advance for your help,
Pietro