[ITK-users] Exception when running IO example ImageReadCastWrite in Xcode

padillr ramonpadilla1 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Mar 28 09:44:15 EDT 2014

Hi,

I have successfully built ITK version 4.5.1 on OS X using cmake.

The following are options that I'm passing to cmake.

-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug \
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang \
-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++ \
-DITK_USE_64BITS_IDS=Yes \
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-std=c++11 -stdlib=libc++" \
-DITK_DIR=/temp/itk/build/

I then created an Xcode project, imported the Hello World example, set up
paths to the headers and linked to the ITK libraries that I built previously
using cmake. The example built and ran successfully.

Next, I tried to do the same with the ImageReadCastWrite example in IO. This
also builds successfully but when I run it I get the following exception.

ExceptionObject caught !

itk::ImageFileWriterException (0x100304788)
Location: "virtual void itk::ImageFileWriter<itk::Image<unsigned char, 2>
>::Write() [TInputImage = itk::Image<unsigned char, 2>]"
File: /temp/itk/Modules/IO/ImageBase/include/itkImageFileWriter.hxx
Line: 151
/temp/itk-sample/T1_MAP.png
  Tried to create one of the following:
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

I'm using ITK for the first time. A quick investigation suggests that there
are no factories being loaded. Any ideas why this may be the case?

Please note that I can successfully execute ImageReadCastWrite in the bin
directory that was created as part of building ITK.