[ITK-users] Offset and Index

Pol Monsó Purtí lluna.nova at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:22:08 EDT 2015

Hello all,

Similar to [1], I have some questions regarding the use of Indexes and
Offsets.

The client will give me a set of coordinates (IndexType). But I'm
extracting a ROI with ROIImageFilter which will have the indices corrected
(and I want them to be). Therefore I have to correct the aforementioned
coordinates too.

The problem I've encountered is that (typewise)

offset = index - index

and, as said on [1], supporting GetPixel(offset) is problematic, so, how do
I get an index from an offset?

Bizarrely, ImageBase::ComputeIndex takes OffsetValueType, not OffsetType.

So how I am supposed to do this, other than

foreach coordinate
offset = index - index
for(dim : dimension)
remappedindex[dim] = offset[dim]