[ITK-users] GDCM Dicom reader

kamal.shahim at istb.unibe.ch kamal.shahim at istb.unibe.ch
Thu Apr 23 09:07:06 EDT 2015

Hello,
I use following codes to read dicom series, but the output of spacing between slices is sometimes correct BUT not always:

// Read the input series

typedef itk::GDCMImageIO ImageIOType;
typedef itk::GDCMSeriesFileNames InputNamesGeneratorType;

ImageIOType::Pointer gdcmIO = ImageIOType::New();
InputNamesGeneratorType::Pointer inputNames = InputNamesGeneratorType::New();
inputNames->SetInputDirectory( dirPath );
inputNames->AddSeriesRestriction("0020|0013");

// Then I select a series identifier and pass it to the reader:

typedef itk::ImageSeriesReader< CTImageType > ReaderType;
ReaderType::Pointer reader = ReaderType::New(); ;
reader->SetImageIO( gdcmIO );
reader->SetFileNames(  inputNames->GetFileNames(  seriesIdentifier.c_str() ));
reader->UpdateOutputInformation();

--->>> reader->GetOutput()->GetSpacing()[2] is not correct always!!

I use the latest version of ITK and GDCM library.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Regards,
Kamal