[ITK-users] deformable surface registration

Audette, Michel A. maudette at odu.edu
Mon Apr 27 12:12:50 EDT 2015

Dear ITK users,

one of my students needs to produce an accurate surface mesh correspondence in conjunction with stats shape aware active surface models, towards a vertebral segmentation application.

Doing a Google search on this, I found a discussion from 2009 http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/insight-users/2009-August/031857.html; I was wondering if there has been progress in this area since then. For example, can the image deformation methods such as Demons and the like be applied to a surface to surface correspondence problem (with further information available such as underlying MRI gradients)?

Our surface meshes relate to vertebral surfaces, so these are not topologically equivalent to spheres; they are more like doughnuts.

Thanks for kind support.

Michel

Michel Audette, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,
Department of Modeling, Simulation and Visualization Engineering,
Old Dominion University,
Norfolk, VA.