[ITK-users] [ITK] Own Transformation Class

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Wed Dec 9 08:33:11 EST 2015

If you don’t want to change any code then you might try to perform the registration in two steps:

1.       Register the segmented prostate capsule with the urethra removed (doughnut shape) using binary image segmentation, with rigid transform. You can register binary images by computing distance transform and register those using a simple metric, see https://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Documentation/4.5/Modules/DistanceMapBasedRegistration

2.       Perform bspline registration with limited control point motion (ITK supports this when you use L-BFGS-B optimizer) to account for local deformation

Elastix can use multiple images for registration, so with that you may be able to perform the two stages simultaneously (image sets would be: 1. distance maps computed from the segmentations, 2. original grayscale volumes).

Andras