[ITK-users] How to compile a new module inside the ITK build tree?

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Fri Feb 13 15:37:48 EST 2015

Hi,

While it is true that a module can't be built out of ITK (there are
some features from VTK modularization that could be ported here), it
is possible to build just a module and its dependencies.

Clone or symlink the module repository in the

  Modules/External directory.

Enable the module in your CMake configuration -- it should be a
boolean variable name Module_<mymodulename>.  This will build the
given module and all its dependencies.  To not build all the other
modules, turn BUILD_DEFAULT_MODULES to OFF.

There are some more tips on module enablement in the ITK Software Guide.

HTH,
Matt