[ITK-users] How to compile a new module inside the ITK build tree?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Fri Feb 13 07:34:16 EST 2015

Hello Davis,

1. Currently you must build a module inside of ITK, it can't be build separately. This is a feature on my wish list too. However, most of the ITK modules I have written don't actually have a compiled library. So use the module in other projects I have added the ITK module as a git submodule and just included the include directory. While this doesn't build testing it does work OK for using the classes from the ITK module in another project.
2.  I assume you are using make. Type running "make help"; this will list all the target in the make file. There should be one call "YourModule-all" this will build the module and tests.

Brad