[ITK-users] [Paraview] compile itk (VTKGlue ON) with vtk from paraview

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Wed Jan 28 07:02:10 EST 2015

Hi Matt,

On 26/01/15 17:54, Matt McCormick wrote:
 > I do not think the Midas Journal will be able to build your plugin.

OK, so I added a VTK test program. Is there a way to test if the automatic
testing environment would be able to build and run my VTK test program BEFORE
submitting the contribution to Midas?
(My last submission never got tested by the system so far, i.e. there is no
colde review reported:
http://www.vtkjournal.org/browse/publication/949)

 > I would recommend creating build instructions to build against a
 > ParaView build tree.  I have just verified that ITK builds with the
 > ITKVtkGlue module ON when pointing VTK_DIR to the <ParaView-build>/VTK
 > directory.

Did You use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON for both ITK and ParaView? ITK also compiles
fine without any errors for me if I use BUILD_SHARED_LIBS OFF, however the
problems then arise when compiling the plugin.
If You like, You can test the compilation of the plugin with the code from the
git repository:
https://github.com/romangrothausmann/FacetAnalyser

Many thanks for looking into this.
Roman