[ITK-users] Segfault in Wiki Example: QuadEdgeMeshParameterizationFilter

DVigneault davis.vigneault at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 07:30:27 EDT 2015

Arnaud--

Thanks again for the patches, and also the link to the wiki example!  The
link to your insight submission was especially helpful [1].

Once you're parameterized the mesh, is there any way to invert the
transform?  That is, can you either (a) given a position on the
parameterized mesh, find the corresponding position on the original mesh or
(b) after modifying the parameterized mesh, transform it back to the
original mesh space?  An example of what I'm talking about is on page 15 of
"Surface Parameterization: A Tutorial and Survey" [2], referenced in your
article ("remeshing").  I've looked through the public member functions of
ParameterizationQuadEdgeMeshFilter [3] and BorderQuadEdgeMeshFilter [4] but
haven't found anything that looks like it provides the functionality.

Best, and thanks again,

--Davis

[1] http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/202
[2] http://vcg.isti.cnr.it/Publications/2005/FH05/survey_mingle04.pdf