[ITK-users] Segfault in Wiki Example: QuadEdgeMeshParameterizationFilter

Arnaud Gelas arnaudgelas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 08:09:57 EDT 2015

Davis,

> On 09 Jun 2015, at 13:30, DVigneault <davis.vigneault at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Arnaud--
>
> Thanks again for the patches, and also the link to the wiki example!  The
> link to your insight submission was especially helpful [1].
>
> Once you're parameterized the mesh, is there any way to invert the
> transform?  That is, can you either (a) given a position on the
> parameterized mesh, find the corresponding position on the original mesh or

Yes, you need to find in which triangle the point is in. You can have a look at this insight journal paper to do it efficiently (especially, if you need to compute it extensively)

	http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/851 <http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/851>

Then, you compute the barycentric coordinate of that point in that triangle in 2D,
you use the same barycentric coordinate on corresponding points in 3D to get the final point.

> (b) after modifying the parameterized mesh, transform it back to the
> original mesh space?

You would use exactly the same approach as mentioned above

HTH