[ITK-users] SimpleITK errors when linked against

jmerkow jmerkow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:31:20 EDT 2015

Bradley Lowekamp wrote
> What are the errors you are getting when compiling with SimpleITK and
> boost?
>
> Brad

So, I don't see anything specific in SimpleITK to link against boost, I am
just starting to go down this rabbit hole.
I updated nsstd/functional.h by removing the c++11 and tr1 namespace bind
and function calls and replacing them with boost.

*In test file:*
#define BOOST_BIND_NO_PLACEHOLDERS
#include <boost/function.hpp>
#include <boost/bind.hpp>
#include "SimpleITK.h"
namespace sitk = itk::simple;

*nsstd/functional.h*:
namespace itk {
namespace simple {
namespace nsstd {
using boost::function;
using boost::bind;
using namespace std::placeholders;
namespace placeholders =  std::placeholders;
}}}

Right now, I am linking SimpleITK+Boost fine. However, I haven't test any
actual functionality yet.
I wanted to see anyone else had done this, and sanity check this approach.

--Jameson