[ITK-users] Examples for ITK-based 2D/3D registration

Kabelitz, Gordian Gordian.Kabelitz at medma.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Mar 16 08:59:23 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am interested in 2D/3D medical image registration using ITK. Currently I am looking for some good examples for a 2D/3D registration based on CT and conventional x-ray images.
Is there a recommended tutorial or framework in addition to ITK? I am familiar with the registration examples from [1]. IMHO these are not useful for my topic. I am interested in all the possibilities for optimizing the registration process the ITK can provide.
I would appreciate it if someone can give me a hint. I already checked the documentation center for ITK [3].

Bonus question:
Is the extended ITK-based Framework for Intensity-based 2D/3D-Registration [2] from 2009 included in the ITK?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
 Gordian Kabelitz

[1]: http://www.itk.org/Doxygen47/html/examples.html