[ITK-users] automated splitting and pasting of volumes for use in external programs

Dr. Roman Grothausmann grothausmann.roman at mh-hannover.de
Mon Mar 30 05:25:25 EDT 2015

Dear mailing list members,

A dataset I work on is too big to load completely into itksnap for manual
adjustment of the automatic pre-segementation with watersheds. The full
resolution is needed, so I cannot work with a re-sampled version. The only
possible easy solution I see at the moment is to split up the 3D image into
smaller blocks of sizes as equal as possible, do the itsnap interaction, and
finally paste all blocks of the resulting segmentation back together.
Would itkImageRegionSplitterMultidimensional be the right filter for the
splitting of blocks as equal in size as possible?
Is there a "logger" like e.g. itkXMLFileOutputWindow (as used in
itkStreamingImageFilterTest2.cxx) that could be used to store the regions
corresponding to each block-file to use that for itkPasteImageFilter to combine
these blocks later again?
Not needed now, but perhaps lager: Is there some nice way to handle overlaps in
this case that is already implemented in itk, something like
itkImageRegionSplitterMultidimensional::SetOverlap()?

Many thanks for any help or hints.
Roman

--
Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574