[ITK-users] SimpleITK 0.9 Registration Release Candidate 1

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 6 10:50:08 EDT 2015

We are pleased to announce the SimpleITK 0.9 Release Candidate 1!

NOW WITH REGISTRATION

We encourage the community to download and test these binary packages. Thank you to those who tested the Beta release and provided feedback. We expect to be releasing 0.9 next week!

This release features the ImageRegistrationMethod which brings a SimpleITK style interface to the modular ITKv4 registration framework. This adds support for a variety of transforms including rigid, affine, b-spline, and deformation fields. The metrics supported include correlation, means squares, ANTS neighborhood correlation, and mutual information. A variety of optimizers are available along with scales estimators for the optimized transformation parameters and built in multi-scale registration support.

Additionally, a number of registration filters have been added: DemonsRegistrationFilter, DiffeomorphicDemonsRegistrationFilter, FastSymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter, LevelSetMotionRegistrationFilter and SymmetricForcesDemonsRegistrationFilter.

Several examples can be found in the examples directory to help you get started. These examples include Affine registration, BSpline, Demons and Displacement fields.
http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/examples.html

There are several IPython/Jupyter Notebooks to illustrate using the registration framework:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/ReleaseNotes#Release_Candidate_Announcement

We have also added the following filters: AdditiveGaussianNoiseImageFilter, AggregateLabelMapFilter, BinaryImageToLabelMapFilter, ChangeLabelLabelMapFilter, CollidingFrontsImageFilter, DisplacementFieldJacobianDeterminantFilter, FastMarchingBaseImageFilter, FastMarchingUpwindGradientImageFilter, InverseDisplacementFieldImageFilter, InvertDisplacementFieldImageFilter, LabelImageToLabelMapFilter, LabelShapeStatisticsImageFilter, LabelStatisticsImageFilter, LabelUniqueLabelMapFilter, MergeLabelMapFilter, RelabelLabelMapFilter, SaltAndPepperNoiseImageFilter, ShotNoiseImageFilter, SpeckleNoiseImageFilter and TransformToDisplacementFieldFilter

Before the final release we will work on improving documentation, and fixing critical bugs.

You will need to manually download the beta binaries, then explicitly install the downloaded beta file.

Information on how to get started and download the binaries: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Binaries

Binary distributions for many platforms and languages are available for downloading: https://sourceforge.net/projects/simpleitk/files/SimpleITK/0.9rc1/

Nightly Doxygen Documentation: http://www.itk.org/SimpleITKDoxygen/html/index.html

Additional Release Notes: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/ReleaseNotes#Release_Candidate_Announcement