[ITK-users] 2D rigid transformation

Pietro Nardelli p.nardelli at umail.ucc.ie
Fri May 15 14:13:01 EDT 2015

Hello guys,

is there a way to have a 2D rigid registration that uses a specific number
of rotations and chooses the best one? I have two images that are simply
rotated with respect to each other, and I would like to register them using
for example 36 rotations (therefore computing the mean squared error every
10 degrees). At the moment I am using the 2DRigidTransform with a specified
center, with a regular step descent optimizer and the
ImageRegistrationMethodv4. I saw that the transform has the function
SetFixedParameters() but I am not really sure whether I understand
correctly that that would tell the optimizer the angles (and translations)
to use at every iteration. Could anyone please clarify this?

Thank you very much,
Pietro