[ITK-users] sitk::ERROR Unable to determine ImageIO Reader

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 20 10:01:34 EDT 2015

Hello,

This error message may need to be improved [1]. I think your file name does not exist.

Try assigning your filename string to a variable. This will enable inspection of the variable's value and checking os.path.isfile() to determine if it exists. You may want to look into using Python raw strings for windows paths [2]. I think that if you pass a filename to SimpleITK with forward slashes it should still work too.

Also SimpleITK 0.9.0 is now out :)

HTH,
Brad

[1] https://issues.itk.org/jira/browse/SIMPLEITK-638
[2] https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/introduction.html#strings

Also your filename string contains python escaped sequences. Using the Windows contentions of backslashes for filenames is very problematic.