[ITK-users] Regularizing b-spline deformation in ITKv4

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Wed May 20 17:08:00 EDT 2015

Nick,

we are comparing BRAINSFit in Slicer3 that was based on ITKv3 vs
BRAINSFit in Slicer4 based on ITKv4.

We have been using BRAINSFit/Slicer3 for a long time on a large number
of clinical research cases and we've been reasonably happy with the
results.

We need something that is integrated in Slicer, or can be implemented
in SimpleITK relatively easily. We need a tool that produces a
reasonable result within 2 minutes of computation, without the need to
change parameters depending on the dataset. So these are basically our
constraints. We were hoping we could improve BRAINSFit/Slicer4 by
adding a regularizer, or implement a subset of BRAINSFit functionality
in SimpleITK.

AF