[ITK-users] [ITK] Regularizing b-spline deformation in ITKv4

Andriy Fedorov fedorov at bwh.harvard.edu
Thu May 21 16:32:14 EDT 2015

Stefan,

didn't know about SimpleElastix, but I am well-aware of the elastix powers!

This solution is not ideal for us, since elastix is not integrated
with 3D Slicer, and also if I recall correctly, the format used by
elastix for deformable transforms is not the same as the one used by
ITK.

It is definitely a good idea to compare other deformable registration
tools, but I was just wondering if there is a regularization in ITKv4
we can add to the Slicer/ITKv4 registration tool already integrated
into our workflows.

>From the responses I am getting so far, it looks like the answer is
either "no" or adding such regularization is not straightforward.

AF