[ITK-users] SplineOrder, control points and MeshSize of Bspline registration

varasteh varasteh at to.infn.it
Fri Oct 9 04:39:32 EDT 2015

Hi Maxime,

Many thanks for your explanation.  English is my second language as well, so
I hope we understand each other correctly.

I would like to state that all these questions are because I need to find
the exact location of each GridNode (e.g. 5x5x5) for which we have the
transform parameters from B-spline registration and also location of Mesh
(3x3x3) which seems to me is just the internal part of GridNode (GN -
SplineOrder)!

1) So, looking at images of that link, you agree that SplineOrder is equal
to 2 for that example (1 lower, 1 upper). But you reject my interpretation
of SplineOrder = border control points with deformation equal to Zero. Hope
I understood well.

2) About formula for finding the Spacing of GridNodes:

- my formula was:  dividing the “distance between first and last pixels of
Mesh” by “MeshSize”
and yours: "distance between first and last pixels of Mesh divided by
MeshSize"
I could not see any difference between these two formulas! Did I miss
something?

- From word "distance" I mean the "PhysicalDistance (mm)" which can results
to set the Nodes not always in the center of voxels. Is this wrong?

Have a nice day,
         varasteh