[ITK-users] SplineOrder, control points and MeshSize of Bspline registration

Maxime Toussaint neocerber at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:31:19 EDT 2015

Hi,

I knew why you asked the question. I believed you specified it in one of
your older post. And you are right, the mesh nodes, for registration, are a
subset of the B-Spline grid nodes.

1)
Yup!
In the example you linked too, I could have chosen to use B-Spline of order
3. In that case, the only change would have been that the number of nodes
per-dimension would have been increased by 1 (1 lower, 2 upper). The reason
behind this choice is based on the desire of ITK to produce a 3 (because we
have chosed BSpline of order 3) times continuous function that approximate
the voxel displacement.

2)
Sorry! I meant "(distance between first and last pixels of Mesh) / (MeshSize
- 1)" I forgot to write the "-1" XD
As for "physical distance" vs "voxel distance", I think you are right. I
believe that ITK registration work in physical space.

Good luck,
Max