[ITK-users] [ITK] Buffered Region out of Range error

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Thu Oct 29 11:40:55 EDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Michael Jackson
<mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> We also ran an experiment where we moved the ITK Dependency from just the
> plugin down into one of our lower level libraries. So now we have the plugin
> dependent on a lower level library which then is dependent on the ITK
> Libraries. Now the code seems to execute and produce results. This was on OS
> X 10.9 and 10.10. So it seems that there is some odd issue with loading the
> ITK libraries through a plugin mechanism? Does ITK need the “-fPIC” added to
> the list of compile commands?

If ITK is built in a plugin as shared libraries, then it will already
be built with -fPIC.

> Qt is actually built WITHOUT C++11 support but still links against libc++.
> They (the Qt Devs) set the OS X Min Deployment Version to 10.7. I have no
> idea what that triggers or not.

All code should be built with the same C++ standard and OSX deployment
target. When building ITK and related code, set
CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET [1] to 10.7 to ensure all binaries are
using consistent libraries.

HTH,
Matt

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/variable/CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.html