[ITK-users] [ITK] Buffered Region out of Range error

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Oct 30 11:35:13 EDT 2015

> On Oct 29, 2015, at 11:40 AM, Matt McCormick <matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Michael Jackson
> <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
>> We also ran an experiment where we moved the ITK Dependency from just the
>> plugin down into one of our lower level libraries. So now we have the plugin
>> dependent on a lower level library which then is dependent on the ITK
>> Libraries. Now the code seems to execute and produce results. This was on OS
>> X 10.9 and 10.10. So it seems that there is some odd issue with loading the
>> ITK libraries through a plugin mechanism? Does ITK need the “-fPIC” added to
>> the list of compile commands?
>
> If ITK is built in a plugin as shared libraries, then it will already
> be built with -fPIC.
>

>> Qt is actually built WITHOUT C++11 support but still links against libc++.
>> They (the Qt Devs) set the OS X Min Deployment Version to 10.7. I have no
>> idea what that triggers or not.
>
> All code should be built with the same C++ standard and OSX deployment
> target. When building ITK and related code, set
> CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET [1] to 10.7 to ensure all binaries are
> using consistent libraries.
>
> HTH,
> Matt
>
> [1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/variable/CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET.html

Matt,
   We have verified that ALL dependent libraries are built with libC++, 10.7 as the min deployment, C++11 enabled. This goes for Boost, HDF5, Eigen, ITK, and Qt 5.5.1. We still have the issue. We can also reproduce that if we move the dependency to a lower level then the issue goes away. So it would seem that there is a problem with multiple plugins being dependent on the same External library. in this case it is ITK. I’ll try to diagram below.
## Failure Mode ##
A.plugin depends on ITK
A.plugin depends on SIMPlib.

B.plugin depends on ITK
B.plugin depends on SIMPlib.

B.plugin will fail to execute properly.

## Success Mode ##
A.plugin depends on SIMPlib.
SIMPlib depends on ITK

B.plugin depends on SIMPlib.
SIMPlib depends on ITK

The DREAM.3D filters both execute properly and give the proper output.

--
Michael A. Jackson
BlueQuartz Software, LLC
[e]: mike.jackson at bluequartz.net