[ITK-users] [ITK] itkImageFileWriter + ExtractSliceImageFilter: largest region exception

Marcos fotosentido at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 15:58:45 EDT 2015

hi Timothee,

1. I did that. With .jpg on the filename, when running

writer->Update()

I get:
c:\itk-4.8.0\modules\io\jpeg\src\itkjpegimageio.cxx:454
Contents of that:
void JPEGImageIO::WriteSlice(std::string & fileName, const void *buffer) { //
use this class so return will call close JPEGFileWrapper JPEGfp(fileName.
c_str(), "wb"); FILE * fp = JPEGfp.m_FilePointer; if ( !fp ) {
itkExceptionMacro( "Unable to open file " << fileName << " for writing." <<
std::endl << "Reason: " << itksys::SystemTools::GetLastSystemError() ); } { //
use this class so return will call close JPEGFileWrapper JPEGfp(fileName.
c_str(), "wb"); FILE * fp = JPEGfp.m_FilePointer; if ( !fp ) {
itkExceptionMacro( "Unable to open file " << fileName << " for writing." <<
std::endl << "Reason: " << itksys::SystemTools::GetLastSystemError() ); }

2. I try with png. No exception, but I get a black image (same with another
inputs).

3. Oook, let's try with bmp.
Another exception:
c:\itk-4.8.0\modules\io\bmp\src\itkbmpimageio.cxx:727

Seriously, it's frustating. Maybe I should come back to the ExtractSliceImag
eFilter.
That's what I'm trying to do: just export a slice from my image.