[ITK-users] How to use a binary mask in a registration process ?

neon29 florian.nicolas at ensta-bretagne.org
Mon Sep 14 11:11:04 EDT 2015

Hi everybody!

I am currently trying to register sonar images using SimpleITK with Python.
As the two images I want to register are geo-projected, I would like to
restrict each image to the pixels where I have data (and get rid of the
"background" which consists in '0').

I have already computed my two binary masks and I have tried to use it with
the SetMetricFixedMask() and SetMetricMovingImage() methods but when I look
at the result, it is the same as when I do not use any mask. Indeed, it
seems that the registration process tend to overlap my masks.

I hope someone could help!

Florian