[ITK-users] How to use a binary mask in a registration process ?

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Mon Sep 14 11:33:56 EDT 2015

Hello,

First verify that you are using the correct methods for setting the masks. You wrote "SetMetricMovingImage" where I think you intended "SetMetricMovingMask". Mistakes are easy to make in code and things like this should be double/triple checked.

You likely need to perform a morphological erosion on the masks. With smoothing and derivative computation, values outside the mask can effect the metric near the boarder. You need to estimate how big the radius of the erosion need to be based on your smoothing sigmas, and your scale.

Without sample code I don't think I can help further.

HTH,
Brad