[ITK-users] [ITK] Community versus Users Lists

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Sat Apr 2 13:46:23 EDT 2016

Instead of asking people to decide between final solutions (which is difficult for them and also doesn’t reveal actual preferences), please ask what people need. If preferences are known then you can choose the best fitting solution. For example good questions would be:

1.       I’m interested in discussions about how to use ITK:

a.       Yes

b.       Not that much, but I don’t mind getting emails about it

c.       No, and I don’t want to see any emails about it

2.       I’m interested in discussions about ITK internals and how it is being developed:

a.       Yes

b.       Not that much, but I don’t mind getting emails about it

c.       No, and I don’t want to see any emails about it

3.       If the ITK mailing list that I subscribed to changes in scope, then:

a.       Subscribe me to the new list

b.       Just remove me from the mailing list; I’ll subscribe manually to the new list if I’m interested

Andras