[ITK-users] Pruning algorithm in tree structure

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 11:32:46 EDT 2016

Hi Apantar,

now the problem is clear to me. I would go about it like this:

For each branch point calculate the distance from root, depth of left
branch and depth of right branch. If depth of one branch is much smaller
(<5%) than the other, eliminate it as noise. If you have diameter of the
airway at each segment of the tree, you can use it for even better results:
divide depth of each branch with the thickness at the branching point, and
if it is <1.5 thicknesses it is noise.

Depth of branch=length of the deepest subbranch.

Regards,
Dženan