[ITK-users] Error conversion from

Lowekamp, Bradley (NIH/NLM/LHC) [C] blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Wed Dec 14 09:03:26 EST 2016

This error message is suppose to be an improvement from the default to indicate why the code/filter does not work with the template parameters you selected.

Here is the key part:
> itk::Concept::IsFloatingPoint<short int>::Constraints::False

This a a concept check to verify the template parameter is a floating point type which is required by the algorithm/filter/code. The type “short int” is not a floating point type, so it generates a compilation error.

I have no clue what is causing it, as you didn’t include any code :)

If you look at the all error messages it should indicate the origin of the error. Most likely the cause is: you provided a "short" type for a template parameter (or image type) to a filter or algorithm which requires a floating point type.

HTH,
Brad