[ITK-users] [ITK-dev] [ANN] ITK 4.9 Release Candidate 3 is ready for testing!

Matt McCormick matt.mccormick at kitware.com
Tue Jan 5 14:54:47 EST 2016

Hi Sean,

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:57:04 -0500, Matt McCormick said:
>
>>On behalf of the Insight Toolkit community, we are proud to announce
>>that ITK 4.9 release candidate 3 has been tagged and is available for
>>testing! Please take this opportunity to test the new features in the
>>release candidate.
>>
>>* Third Party Library Updates
>>   * GDCM updated to the latest upstream
>
> If I understand ITK's git history correctly, ThirdParty/GDCM was last updated 2015-09-22:
> <http://itk.org/gitweb?p=ITK.git;a=history;f=Modules/ThirdParty/GDCM;hb=HEAD>
>
> According to this:
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/gdcm/files/gdcm%202.x/>
>
> GDCM 2.6.1 was released 2015-11-02 and 2.6.2 on 2015-12-23.
>
> Try as I may, I don't see an easy way to determine which version of GDCM ITK actually includes... how does one determine this?

The upstream commits should have the author "GDCM Upstream".  So,

  cd ~/src/ITK
  git log --author="GDCM Upstream"

This shows that this release note item is an error -- the last time
GDCM was updated was 2015-04-29, which was included for ITK 4.8. I
have corrected the release notes.

To update GDCM, run the

  Modules/ThirdParty/GDCM/UpdateFromUpstream.sh

script.

Since GDCM 2.6 has been released, we should switch from GDCM "master"
to GDCM "release" before doing the update. This can be changed here:

  https://github.com/InsightSoftwareConsortium/ITK/blob/af6b2c82ba794ada4d487c5bbd83f2bd1ed39e2f/Modules/ThirdParty/GDCM/UpdateFromUpstream.sh#L6

Thanks,
Matt