[ITK-users] Lost Patient, Study and Series DICOM tags

Bradley Lowekamp brad at lowekamp.net
Fri Jul 8 14:53:03 EDT 2016

Hello,

We have just merged the topic which adds the “SetMetaData” method to the SimpleITK Image interface into the “next” development branch of SimpleITK [1]. We expect for this to shortly be merged into the master branch after nightly testing. We are also creating an example which uses it for writing a modified DICOM file.

There should be nightly binaries that follow shortly there after for CSharp [2]. This may meet your needs.

Directly using GDCM is a sensible way to go for more control over DICOM IO. I have not done what you propose, but I expect it is possible. You would likely need some lower level buffer access as is done here[3].

HTH,
Brad

[1] https://github.com/SimpleITK/SimpleITK/commit/69865add060e87c175c7f212c7bdddab11e127ab
[2] https://itk.org/Wiki/SimpleITK/GettingStarted#Nightly_binaries