[ITK-users] Read 4D CT cardiac dicom series and save it as a single 4D nifti file

marco giordano marco.giord at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 10:45:30 EDT 2016

Hi there,

I need to import a 4D Siemens cardiac CT dataset (3D+ t) from Dicom into
nifti format (or any other format).

The dicom comes as a collection of 2D slices. The 2D slices belonging to
the same volume have the same acquisition time.

I can read the volumes by using the Content Time ("0008|0033") as a
restriction (similarly as in DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx) but then I do
not understand how I can write the volumes in a single 4D nifti file.

I tried with the VectorImage but it needs the dimension to be specified in
advance which I do not know.

Any help is appreciated.

Marco