[ITK-users] Filters in 3D

ebasafa basafa at clearguidemedical.com
Tue Jun 28 16:08:00 EDT 2016

Hi Robert,

As far as I know, all ITK filters are templated over the input/output image
type(s), which means you set the dimensions as you define the image types to
work with. I don't have experience with that particular filter, but seems
like it's no exception.

That being said, there is a filter that lets you apply a filter or a bunch
of filters on individual slices of an input volume
(itkSliceBySliceImageFilter). Basically you assign to it input image(s) and
filter(s) and it applies those filter(s) on individual slices of those
image(s). Obviously, those filters need to be able to work with images of
one dimension less than your input image.

I presume the results will differ if a filter that calculates distances is
applied on 2D vs 3D images.

HTH
Ehsan

Robert wrote