[ITK-users] Geodesic 3D Shape guidance

Robert scorpiuni at gmail.com
Mon May 30 11:06:15 EDT 2016

Dear Community,
I encountered an error which I really can't get fixed.
I wrote some code in order to do a segmentation with the geodesic function
with shape guidance, but in 3D.
I got my shape models, PCA data, etc, all done.
Now in the geodesic code, I preprocess my image in which I want to find my
structure (I need shape guidance, as the structure kind of melts to the
background at one point, so I need the shape to restrict this).
Preprocessing etc is all done, I now give my preprocessed image, and a
levelset as well as the mean image and pc-images to my geodesic function
(see link to code below).
At one point, when testing my code, this error occurs:
GeodesicActiveContourShapePriorLevelSetImageFilter(0x115f970): Inputs do not
occupy the same physical space!
Now, as I already encountered this error once, I checked ALL the directions
of ANY image in the pipeline (see code, console output usually marked with
//*****DEBUG*****). They all give the same, correct value to the console.
I really am at my wits end, I can't explain this error.
I think it crashed at the writer called "writer", writer->SetInput(
thresholder->GetOutput() );, as this one gets as input the output from the
geodesic function (so, basically, the writer that will produce the final
result).
I commented this part out for testing purposes, and there is still a crash
even later:
"evalOutput5.nrrd"
and
"paraOutput6.nrrd" can never be reached, the same error message occurs here.
I really cant find a solution, and the worst part is that due to this error
I can't even test if the result is useful at all. Like I mentioned before,
without shape guidance, the result is not satisfying, as "too much" of the
structure is being segmented.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Greetings,
Robert