[ITK-users] Convert ITK image to cv::Mat image

Dženan Zukić dzenanz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 15:07:07 EDT 2016

Hi Tammy,

the docs <http://docs.opencv.org/2.4/modules/core/doc/basic_structures.html>
list unsigned short and int, but not unsigned int. I don't know whether
this int is equal to short or long. But from
\ITK-git\Modules\Video\BridgeOpenCV\include\itkOpenCVImageBridge.hxx, line
50 these are supported cases:
IPL_DEPTH_8U
IPL_DEPTH_8S
IPL_DEPTH_16U
IPL_DEPTH_16S
IPL_DEPTH_32F
IPL_DEPTH_64F

To convert to 16U (which is closest to your 32U), you should use cast filter
<https://itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1CastImageFilter.html> (that's
your option A).

Regards,
Dženan